Senior Quality Engineer – £38,000 – £42,000
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU HAVE QUALITY EXPERIENCE GAINED FROM THE MANUFACTURING OR ENGINEERING INDUSTRIES.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Quality Engineer to joined an extremely well established and successful manufacturing company.
• Hands-on approach to the management, monitoring and maintenance of quality systems across the manufacturing and assembly areas.
• Support the Quality systems in place – plan, conduct and report internal audits as per the audit schedule for ISO 9001, ISO 17025 and ISO 14001
• Management and processing of Non-Conforming material, lead the Material Review Board process, with the implementation of corrective actions and handling / close-out of non-conformities.
• Monitor the sub-contract suppliers for product quality and compliance. Conduct supplier audits and report findings and recommendations to the stakeholders in the business
• Support inspection and testing as defined by both internal quality procedures and external documentation such as international standards and regulations.
• Promote the use of preferred techniques for Continuous Improvement such as Lean and Six-Sigma
• Work with development and production engineering teams to define and refine test procedures and quality parameters for both new and existing products.
• Escalate unresolved quality issues across the business to senior management
• Deliver training of quality awareness across all parts of the business
• Competent knowledge of measurement systems, dimensional, pressure, temperature, tolerances etc
• Understanding and interpretation of 2D and 3D engineering drawings
• Strong understanding of cost and financial impacts and able to relate quality issues and commercial pressures
• Understanding of manufacturing processes such as Lean, MRB and Engineering change processes