Principal Welding Engineer – Barrow – £50 per hour
Based in Barrow in Furness a Principal Welding Engineer is required on a 6 month contract basis to work for a major defence client.
This is an great opportunity to join a leading edge and exciting programme of work which does offer an excellent working environment.
- Provide welding engineering guidance and support to structural and piping areas across the submarines business unit.
- Undertake Procedure Qualification Record development, testing and formal approval of welding procedure specifications to support process improvements within the production environment.
- Assist with preparation and transmittal of welding documentation to production areas.
- Monitor weld quality within structural and piping areas and report findings to line management.
- Conduct routine process audits within production areas to investigate defect trends and facilitate improvement.
- Investigate and review emerging process technology and consumables for applicability to submarine construction.
- Liaise with internal departments (production, QC/QA etc) to ensure welding process control is enforced and maintained.
Key Skills of the Principal Welding Engineer
- Qualified to BSc/BEng level or equivalent in a relevant engineering subject.
- European Welding Federation qualification to Engineer level Chartership with The Welding Institute
- Familiar with national and international codes and specifications relating to welding.
- Ability to work as part of a team or independently as required.
- Able to assimilate and process data from a range of sources.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels across the business.
- Significant demonstrable working knowledge of the main welding processes typically used for structural and piping applications within a heavy engineering environment.
If you would like to be considered for this role please don’t hesitate to click apply or call Daniel McShane for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country’s largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client’s and candidate’s needs.
Our Manchester office (which covers the whole of the UK) provides a “one-stop shop” to clients and candidates operating in the engineering and manufacturing sectors and in addition to Engineers, we source and provide temporary/contract and permanent opportunities for IT, Programme Management and Support Professionals (including Procurement/Purchasing/Supply Chain, HR, Finance and Administrative Support).