You will be working primarily for process companies in the Water Utilities sector.
You will need knowledge of the complete pipework supply and installation service to the Water, Petrochemical and Process Industries.
As a Site Supervisor you will represent the interests in liaison with the customer’s on-site representatives. You are to ensure that all site operations are carried out in accordance with the prescribed safety regulations and standards, ensure profitable and productive utilisation of all resources on site and that all site activities are carried out in accordance with our clients standards, regulations and systems, manage all aspects of the site operation necessary to achieve the programme dates within the established budget and to the specified standards.
Responsibilities and Duties
As a Supervisor your duties and responsibilities are:
- Maintenance of a high standard of Site discipline, i.e. time-keeping, attitude and mannerism of site team to others / customer representative etc
- Work In conjunction with the Construction Manager, Project Engineer & the Project Manager, for the preparation of site works programmes
- Maintaining up to date site records
- Managing equipment on hire, ensuring its safety and timely collection when off-hired
- Ensuring that work is not undertaken other than that which has been contractually agreed or is covered by Variation Orders
- Maintaining in good condition and ensuring the safety of company assets, including computers, phones, tools and vehicles
- Ensuring that the Company Health & Safety Rules are obeyed
- Liaising with the Company Projects Management Department, the client and other contractors on site as is necessary
- Ensuring that the quality of all site installations comply with relevant QA procedures and contract specifications
- Establishment and maintenance of good relationships with clients and ensure industrial relations accord is maintained on contracts
- Informing all staff of their duties, ensuring that they fully understand the work that they are required to do and instructing them as to the extent and limit of their responsibility and authority
- Ensuring that all technical problems which are detrimental to the smooth running and “build quality” of the project are brought to the attention of the Project Manager or pertinent department immediately so that work can proceed unhindered
- Ensure all relevant information is contained within the project documentation before construction starts
- Advising on the most efficient flow of materials and the placing of orders for materials and consumables to meet programme and minimise overspends and excesses
- Procuring materials in a manner to minimise theft risk
- Reporting to Head Office immediately, any factor which is adversely affecting the contract
- Ensuring that the appropriate site administration is established and that the requisite systems and procedures are implemented
- Provide any detailed requirements prior to commencement on site and liaise with Head Office regarding any procurement demands
- Liaise with subcontractors where necessary, i.e. scaffolders, ground workers, etc.
- Ensure that site progress is in line with programme and advise Head Office as soon as possible regarding any doubt
- Operate company vehicles in line with the Company Motor Policy
- Ensure all requirements of “Health and Safety at Work Act” are sustained and adhered to, take a proactive attitude towards the ongoing education process in Health & Safety and any other facets of training that would benefit the individual (PASMA, First Aid) and including the provision of PPE, other equipment as required
- Ensure Compliance with the Environmental Policy of the company and cognisance of your responsibilities.
- Health and Safety training – holding a valid CSCS Site Supervisor or Site Manager safety card.
- SSSTS Site Supervisor or SMSTS Site Manager certificate
- Full UK driving licence.