I am currently recruiting for a Finance Manager to work with a Local Authority in Greater London, leading the team responsible for providing a comprehensive accountancy service to Council owned companies.
This role is responsible for managing the comprehensive accounting service provided to the Council’s wholly owned subsidiaries via a service level agreement, the price and content of which are agreed annually. A key element of this role is working with the companies to develop their medium-term business plans, developing financial models to test the affordability and viability of new business ideas and ensuring the annual external audits are delivered qualification free, in accordance with agreed deadlines.
The service to be provided will include:
- Preparation of the Profit & Loss, Balance Sheet and Cashflow Statements
- Preparation of annual statutory accounts
- Employing external auditors and managing the annual audit process to successful completion for each company
- Providing information for the Council’s annual audit and assisting in the production of the Council’s group accounts
- Preparing and presenting comprehensive monthly financial reports to the Company Boards
- Contributing to the production of long term and medium-term financial plans
- Setting and monitoring annual budgets
- Contributing to the production of annual reports
- Contributing to the production of quarterly reports to the Council’s Stakeholder Sub-Committee
- Co-ordinate and Lead on the Finance Committee process, preparing relevant paperwork prior to the meetings
- Attend Investment Committee meetings and review the business cases for individual properties and make recommendations for acquisitions
- Review financial models and business plans for the company
- Providing high quality financial advice to each Board
- Providing strategic financial advice
- Assessing and reporting on the financial implications of any new initiatives proposed by the Boards
- Setting up, managing and maintaining the accounting ledgers for each company
- Setting up, managing and maintaining bank accounts, ensuring a positive cashflow
- Submission of VAT returns
- Ensuring that invoices are processed and paid on time
- Ensuring that invoices are raised and income received on time
- Ensuring that adequate financial regulations, procedures and processes are in place to suit each company’s needs
- Ensuring adherence to financial regulations
- Leading on the financial input to procurement processes
- Attending team meetings and other meetings as required
The postholder will have line management responsibility for four direct reports.
- Previous recent experience of private sector company accounting, including responsibility producing a full set of accounts
- Hands on experience of developing financial models and business plans
- Fully qualified accountant
Please do not hesitate to apply if you have the required skills and experience.
***RATE QUOTED IS UMBRELLA INSIDE IR35***