Our client a global automotive company are looking for an experienced Body Electronics Engineer – Electrical Systems
- Responsible for the overall delivery of the Body/Comfort systems from concept to production.
- Lead the technical discussions with suppliers, internal cross-functional teams and partner OEM
- Support and management of our partner OEM and Tier 1 suppliers for donor technology, new/modified designs, system calibration and validation
- Cross-function leadership and overall system integrator role between Electrical, Body, Exteriors, Interiors and Chassis Function Groups.
- Ensure parts are correctly packaged into the vehicle in conjunction with Vehicle Integration and CAD Design team
- Lead and co-ordinate system reviews, calibration and verification & validation activities throughout the development lifecycle
- Release responsible for Body/Comfort components on the Electrical BOM. Ensure that parts are correctly structured on the BOM and strive to achieve cost and weight targets and delivery timing to support vehicle build phases
- Issue management support, from problem identification through to introduction of final countermeasure using company issue management system
- Supplier management and co-ordination including support for Procurement, Logistics and Quality throughout the project lifecycle
- Provision of information, support and training to Manufacturing and Service departments
- Preparation of reports and feedback to the technical and project management teams
- Demonstrable experience (7+ years) of Body/Comfort Systems at a systems or vehicle level. Experience of interior sensing an added advantage.
- Experience of Automotive product development systems (VPDS, FPDS, GPDS, NPDS etc)
- Experience of engineering and business release processes within the automotive sector.
- Experience of system/component delivery within an APQP, six sigma or similar framework (FMEA, quality planning, PPAP etc.).
- Practical experience of vehicle electrical architectures based upon Ethernet, CAN, LIN and Flexray
- Practical experience of diagnostic software tools and Measurement and Calibration tools.
- Practical experience of using CAD packages (CATIA) or visualisation applications.
- Excellent communication and co-ordination skills – at ease coordinating a team of engineers and suppliers.
- Flexible, enthusiastic and methodical individual who is self-motivated, able to work well under own initiative and remain focused under pressure.
- Electrical, Electronic Systems, Electro-mechanical, Automotive or similar honours engineering degree. Other recognized engineering qualifications combined with relevant significant experience may be considered.
- No visa or other restrictions for working in the UK or travelling in the European Union.
- Full driving licence essential.
Excellent package and opportunity. Apply online today!